What Must I Do To Follow My Heart?
There are so many ways to follow your heart. It’s important to remember that no matter how we define our journey, the goal is always the same: To live in a way that brings us joy, fulfillment, and peace of mind.
With guidance from your angels, you can start following your heart by doing and remembering the following steps:
Learn to say “Yes” and “No”
Say “yes” and “no” to others.
We all have to be assertive with ourselves and others in order to follow our hearts. It’s not always easy, but don’t be afraid to say no when it’s not the right thing for you. Likewise, if someone asks you for something that is within your power, don’t feel bad about saying yes! It’s important to know your boundaries and limits when deciding whether or not you want to engage with someone else’s wishes or needs.
Say “yes” and “no” equally as often as possible because it makes life easier for everyone involved (including yourself). If someone asks if they can borrow money from you and they’ve never lent any money before, then maybe say no—you don’t know how long it will take them to pay back what they owe! On the other hand: if two friends are planning on going out together but one friend doesn’t want another friend tagging along on their date night—it might be worth considering letting him/her tag along anyway; after all, this person has been there for both of them over time so why wouldn’t he/she deserve some quality time of his own?
Take time for yourself
- Take time for yourself.
- How do you relax? What does relaxing feel like? Do you enjoy taking long walks; meditating; getting a massage; watching TV or movies; playing video games, or reading books?
- If you don’t have time to relax, how can you make some? It may be as simple as making sure that when you get home from work, there won’t be anything else that needs your attention. Maybe it means delegating tasks at work so that on your way home from work, all you need to do is a shower and relax!
Quit comparing yourself to others
Comparing yourself to others is a fast way to feel like you are not good enough. Comparing your beginning to someone else’s middle, your journey to someone else’s destination, or even your story to someone else’s story—none of those things are helpful.
It’s important that we understand the difference between comparison and inspiration. When you draw inspiration from someone else’s words or actions, it doesn’t mean that you have less value than they do; it means that they have more value than they think they do.
Spend more time with people who make your soul happy
- Spend more time with people who make your soul happy.
- Spend time with people who accept you for who you are and what you do.
- Spend time with people who make you feel good about yourself.
- Spend time with people who want to see the best in you, no matter what happens or how bad things get.
Give up the things that don’t serve you any longer
This is a really big one and it may seem like an obvious one, but it’s also very important. If something doesn’t bring you joy, make you feel good about yourself, or make your life better in any way, then let it go! Could be that friend who has been dragging you down with their negativity, that toxic relationship with an ex-partner who won’t leave your life alone, or even just some bad habits like smoking cigarettes or drinking too much alcohol. It might seem scary at first because this means taking responsibility for your own happiness and well-being instead of relying on others to do so for you (and let’s face it – sometimes when we try this we find out how hard self-care is). But once we commit to taking care of ourselves first, everything else will fall into place much more easily!
Believe in your heart and hope
You must believe in yourself. You must believe that you can do what you set out to do, or find something better than what your current job offers. You need to have faith that there is a place for you in this world and it will be found if only you persevere long enough.
If all else fails, if everything seems hopeless and confusing, just remember one thing: the person who believes in themselves can change their life; those who don’t are destined to repeat it.
Disagree without being disagreeable
This is a question you may ask yourself at some point in your life. It’s not an easy one to answer, but here are a few things that can help:
- Disagree without being disagreeable. If someone says something that you strongly disagree with, don’t tell them they’re wrong and move on from there—that’s only going to lead to anger and frustration. Instead, engage! Try asking questions about the issue until you fully understand the other person’s perspective, then explain why their view isn’t valid or doesn’t work for you (and why). This way of arguing might feel awkward at first, but it will allow both sides of the debate room for growth and understanding.
- Don’t immediately apologize when saying sorry won’t make anything better (or if saying sorry just makes things worse). Sometimes people say “I’m sorry” when they’re clearly not sorry at all—they’re just trying to get out of trouble or avoid conflict by putting themselves down in front of another person who has just accused them of doing something wrong. If this happens too often then it becomes obvious that they aren’t actually sorry; otherwise, they would actually be apologizing instead of trying to shift the blame onto themselves!
Live according to your values and principles
Values are the things that are important to you, and what you care about. Principles are like a set of rules for how to act in certain situations or make decisions. You can follow your values and principles by living according to them, and doing what is right for you, instead of just trying to please others or fitting in with what everyone else thinks is best for you.
- Live by example for the people around you: By demonstrating through your actions that following your heart will make both yourself and those around you happier than following society’s expectations can be an immense help when it comes time for someone else to decide whether they want to follow their heart as well!
- Live by example for yourself: This is especially important if achieving success in life has been difficult since childhood due not just to having a heart but also because of other factors such as being born into poverty or having experienced trauma themselves (elderly relatives/friends/those who were abused).
Find a hobby that you enjoy
Hobbies are a great way to make new friends, improve your skills and relieve stress. If you’re looking for something to do after work or on the weekend, here are some suggestions that might help:
- Reading books (fiction or non-fiction)
- Playing video games
- Learning a new language or skill (for example, taking an online course on cooking)
Say a kind word about every person you meet
In order to follow your heart, you must be kind. Kindness is powerful because it creates positive energy. When someone says something nice to you, that positive energy goes right back into the universe and can help make other people feel better too. Kindness has no limits; there’s no way to know how far a kind word might travel or what impact it could have on people down the line (and even beyond).
So how do we start being kind? Try saying something nice about every person you meet in your daily life: “You look sharp today!” “I love that color on you!” “It was so nice talking with you at lunch today—I really enjoyed learning more about your work in marketing technology. I think we could really benefit from each other’s expertise here at the company!”
Being kind is not always easy for everyone all of the time, but if we keep practicing our kindness towards others and ourselves then eventually being kind will become second nature for us all!
Following your heart requires confidence, so be kind to yourself.
When you’re following your heart, it’s important to be kind to yourself. One way to do that is by building confidence in yourself and your abilities. If you don’t have a lot of confidence right now, don’t worry—you can learn how!
Here are a few tips:
- Get comfortable talking honestly with people who will listen and give good advice. This might mean going out with friends more often or joining a club or organization where you’ll meet new people who support each other’s goals.
- Think about what makes other people confident in their lives, then try the same thing for yourself. You might notice that certain activities come naturally for them but not for you; that’s okay! It doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with your approach; it just means there are different ways of doing things that work for different people depending on their personalities and interests.
- Practice smiling whenever possible—even when no one is looking! A genuine smile can make anyone feel happier inside 🙂
Angel Message Advice
You’re here for a reason.
You have a purpose and a path to follow, but you may not be sure how to do it.
It’s time to stop asking yourself “What must I do?” and start asking yourself “What is my heart telling me?”
When the answer comes, it will feel like an epiphany—a sudden, clear realization that you are exactly where you need to be and doing exactly what you need to be doing.
But first, let’s talk about your heart: What does it sound like? What does it feel like? What does it look like? This isn’t just an exercise in visualization; it’s about getting in touch with your emotional intelligence—a skill that will serve you well throughout your life.
Once you’ve gotten to know your heart, try listening for it every day. It might tell you something different every day (and sometimes more than once a day), but the important thing isn’t what it says—it’s that when it speaks out loud, we listen.
Prayer for Manifestation
Dear Angels in Heaven,
I would like to follow my heart. I know that you are there for me and that you will guide me along the way.
The only thing that I ask is that you protect me from losing my way by distracting me with things that don’t matter.
Please help me to be patient and understanding of others as well as myself.
Take care of those who are less fortunate than I am and give them peace as well as happiness.
Thank you for hearing my prayer, Amen.